Super Shaka Brass Pipe - Swiss Army Knife of Hand Pipes
Backordered as of 5/3/2022, We don't have an ETA on when it'll be back in stock. We're waiting on the cases that's been backordered since March.
An all-in-one brass pipe evolved from the legendary protopipe. The Super Shaka features a longer stash tube (2.6" long) for extra stash storage.
The Original Shaka and Super Shaka pipes are CNC machined brass pipe with easy open top and bottom covers. A genuine Starline Brass long rifle casing is machined to cleverly lock onto the head bowl as the stash tube. Use provided hex wrench poker to loosen the bottom cover to clean up the pipe, A custom drawstring canvas pouch is provided. You can also fit a small Bic lighter in it along with the pipe. A perfect all-in-one pipe for concert goers, beachcombers, and couch surfers. It makes smoke on the go so convenient.
The improvements of Shaka Pipe from the original Protopipe include
1. Bottom tar trap cover no longer needs to be tapped out, a major issue with the original Protopipe where the poker will get bent. Shaka Pipe uses a countersunk screw to secure the trap door and can be easily opened with the provided hex wrench poker;
2. Tar trap is much bigger, means less cleaning work. On the original Protopipe, you'll need to clean it every a couple of days, which leads to more chances of bending the precious poker;
3. Stash tube locks independently with a hidden retainer clip. Even you lose your poker the stash won't fall out. So many Protopipes are in limbo because of a bent or lost poker. A replacement poker for Shaka Pipe costs only $6.
4. Stash tube is made out of long rifle casing, more stylish and bigger storage...BIGGER STORAGE!
5. Poker is now a hex wrench. It can be used to adjust cover screws. On the original Protopipe, you'd need to find a hex key to adjust the swinging top lid. Many Protopipe users kept a little tool box next to their beloved Proto. Now the hex key is part of the Shaka Pipe.
6. Poker wrench end is right angled, which makes it easier to pull out with just fingers. Proto poker is straight. Often times you need to use a plier to pull it. A weatherman tool would come in handy in keeping up with the Protopipe.
7. Top cover screw is now flat head screws. Make the whole top cover flush.
8. Top cover is locked in with a stopper. Original proto pipe cover will swing left and right. (See the toolbox comments above.)
9. Top cover has a perfect rotating friction, thanks to the wave washer underneath. You don't need to adjust the lid screw for the entire lifespan of your pipe.
10. A stem cleaner tool was created to push out the tar, the Protopipe uses its poker and it's never long enough, which will take a needle nose plier to pull it out. (See the weatherman tool comments above.)
11. The Shaka Pipe comes with a durable canvas pouch with hand illustrated graphics. Optional EVA hardshell pocket case and pipe wallet are also available. This is how I started making Shaka Pipe. I was making leather cases for the Protopipe and wished it had come with one. I also wished it had a flat head screw so it's easier to slide in and out. (See the countersunk screw use above.) It was a very popular gifts among my Protopipe owning friends, until one day the original Protopipe ceased production. Unhappy with the cheap knockoffs and unable to find something comparable, I fired up my Tormach 1100 CNC mill and went to work...
Own one and you'll understand.
Made in Hawai'i, USA.
Shipped from Honolulu with aloha (via US postal service, 3-5 days to any US address).
The pocket case and stash tube are optional and can be purchased from the dropdown menu above.
A Comparison between Shaka pipe and Proto pipe
Making of Shaka Pipe