Shaka Pipe Double Barrel Original All-in-One Pipe
The Shaka Pipe Double Barrel Original features TWO stash tubes (2.0" long) for extra stash storage and two bowls for different strains. Each bowl can be used independently or simultaneously. It's evolved from our best-selling Shaka Pipe for those of you who wanted to double the mileage during the journey.
The last picture shows the size comparison between the Double Barrel Original (the one on the left, this listing) and the Double Barrel XL (the one on the right, available in our store). The DB XL is NOT included in this listing.
The Shaka pipes are CNC machined brass pipe with easy open top and bottom covers. Two genuine Starline Brass long rifle casings are machined to cleverly lock onto the head bowl as the stash tube. Use provided hex wrench poker to loosen the bottom cover to clean up the pipe, A custom drawstring canvas pouch is provided. A perfect all-in-one pipe for concert goers, beachcombers, and couch surfers. It makes smoke on the go so convenient.
The improvements of Shaka Pipe from the original Protopipe include
The improvements of Shaka Pipe from the original brass pipe include
1. Bottom tar trap cover no longer needs to be tapped out, a major issue with the original brass pipe where the poker will get bent. Shaka Pipe uses a countersunk screw to secure the trap door and can be easily opened with the provided Torx wrench poker;
2. Tar trap is much bigger, means less cleaning work. On the original brass pipe, you'll need to clean it every a couple of days, which leads to more chances of bending the precious poker;
3. Stash tube locks independently with a hidden retainer clip. Even you lose your poker the stash won't fall out. So many brass pipes are in limbo because of a bent or lost poker. A replacement poker for Shaka Pipe costs only $6.
4. Stash tube is made out of long rifle casing, more stylish and bigger storage...BIGGER STORAGE!
5. Poker is now a Torx wrench (new improvement in 2021). It can be used to adjust cover screws. On the original brass pipe, you'd need to find a hex key to adjust the swinging top lid. Many pipe users kept a little tool box next to their beloved Proto. Now the Handy Torx key is part of the Shaka Pipe.
6. Poker wrench end is right angled, which makes it easier to pull out with just fingers.
7. Top cover screw is now flat head screws. Make the whole top cover flush.
8. Top cover is locked in with a stopper. Original brass pipe cover will swing left and right. (See the toolbox comments above.)
9. Top cover has a perfect rotating friction. You don't need to adjust the lid screw for the entire lifespan of your pipe.
10. A stem cleaner tool was created to push out the tar, the original brass pipe uses its poker and it's never long enough, which will take a needle nose plier to pull it out. (See the weatherman tool comments above.)
11. The Shaka Pipe comes with a durable canvas pouch with hand illustrated graphics. Optional EVA hardshell pocket case and pipe wallet are also available. This is how I started making Shaka Pipe. I was making leather cases for the original brass pipe and wished it had come with one. I also wished it had a flat head screw so it's easier to slide in and out. (Hence the use of countersunk screw.) It was a very popular gifts among my brass pipe owning friends, until one day the original brass pipe ceased production. Unhappy with the cheap knockoffs and unable to find something comparable, I fired up my Tormach 1100 CNC mill and went to work...
Here is a blog comparing the two.
Own one and you'll understand.
Proudly Made in Oahu, Hawai'i.
Shipped from Honolulu with aloha (via US postal service, 3-5 days to any US address).
The pocket case and stash tube are optional and can be purchased from the dropdown menu above.
A Comparison Video
Making of Shaka Pipe